Cory J. Briggs, Attorney
Cory began practicing law in 1995 with Mundell, Odlum & Haws in San Bernardino, California, where he primarily litigated commercial and employment-related disputes. In 1998, he moved to Washington, D.C., and added environmental law and regulatory compliance to his practice while pursuing graduate degrees and teaching at The George Washington University Law School and the University of Maryland. Cory returned to southern California in June 2002, and his practice now balances small/family-owned business law with public-interest and government-accountability litigation.
Cory’s two favorite pastimes are scuba diving and traveling to remote places around the world (hopefully to scuba dive).
- Ph.D. (Politics, Philosophy & Public Policy (A.B.D.)), University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- LL.M. (International/Environmental Law (A.B.T.)), The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- M.A. (Philosophy 1998), Claremont Graduate School, Claremont, California
- J.D. (Law 1994), California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- B.A. (Philosophy 1992), University of California, Riverside, California;
- A.S. (Accounting 1989), Chaffey Community College, Rancho Cucamonga, California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, District of Columbia Circuit, and Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of California, Central District of California, and District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- Introduction to Philosophy and Critical Thinking (1997), Crafton Hills College, Yucaipa, California
- Philosophy of Law (2000-2002), University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- Introduction to Logic and Business & Professional Ethics (2000-2001), University of Maryland University College,
College Park, Maryland
- Ethics in Business & the Professions (2000-2002), The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.